Monday, October 27, 2008

Look!


I meant to post these ones for a long time now. This is a drawing I found on the street, I don't know who made it. I've posted it before. No harm to do it again.





That one is "Boy with a Drawing" by Giovanni Francesco Caroto:  around 1490, I think.
 Caroto painted portrait of a boy who drew a self-portrait. Just   look at the  boy's drawing! It looks like this drawing I found.  Probably lots of school teachers have seen drawings like that maybe  hundreds of times. Maybe they even got tired of it. Lots of theories, probably, and discussions about how  representation of reality and stages of peoples development are linked.  But that is not important for Blue Monkey. I have simple mind and intend to stay like that. I found some stuff. And I'm going to keep it for a while. If I feel like thinking about it's everlasting- eternal -perpetual meaning I'll do that. But can't see that happening any time soon.
Post a Comment