Friday, October 12, 2012

Fox of Stillorgan, Art Source 2012, 9-11 November, RDS, Dublin


 
Fox of Stillorgan is a character inspired by an article I read in a newspaper about Urban Foxes in 2010 and I have been drawing Fox of Stillorgan ever since.  Fox of Stillorgan going about his every day activities is a main subject of my paintings. The composition of each painting  is simplistic and routine yet playful and fertile, allowing its audience to feel secure yet challenged. Fox of Stillorgan demands ones attention even if not always imposing.  Fox of Stillorgan’s  simplicity and repetitive nature allows me to explore painting as a subject and medium. Or, there is a chance that I'm enjoying it so  much I have to remind myself it is a very  serious matter... 
  As the Foxof Stillorgan  said before: Hi, my name is Fox. I live in Stillorgan. I have an imaginary friend. Her name is Liu and she lives in my head...
Fox At Night,12 x 12cm,acrylic and oil on canvas


Post a Comment