Saturday, August 31, 2013

Seriously? In response to ...

http://www.redlemonclub.com/brand-you/why-no-one-likes-your-art-26-reasons/

which I read with a great interest....

About number 22:

doing weird and wonderful things requires time... after 5 hours of drawing (well, 6 and half is the max what I can manage daily, no more...) I really can't think about anything weird except to go to the dark room and scream in the pillow... It has to be dark, because my eyes hurt and to scream because I'm so frustrated with everything I've done so far, I want to start work on whatever I'm doing right this moment, but all I want is to go in the dark room and.... ) and that's it.
I've been told about a painter who doesn't do much in between painting... eat, sleep, and start all over again...
some people are doing wonderful things, I'm sure, but they must be much more gifted, if they could spend time and efforts on lots of other things...

To think about it, I used to be one, who believed, that the art is smaller than life...  http://liubluemonkey.blogspot.ie/2010_08_08_archive.html

I kind of started to blame myself for not doing crazy thing...  more...
I've done a couple crazy things (actually, more than one) but I'm not proud of the most of them...
 I would be probably ashamed of the most of them (including the  skiing accident when I decided that half a day on a nursery slope is enough training to go right to the top mountain ...oh my God, I thought that's it... I'm going either learn how to fly or die...Turned out I wasn't the only one so stupid, happens all the time...)
Not crazy enough?
Stupid? Silly? I didn't think so, I just wanted to do what my friends did, that's all.
Other things I do not want to remember. NO. Never. Cringe. Double cringe. IF anyone reminded me of something I've done, I would deny it.  Never happened.

And the things what I could be proud of?
Helping others and being charitable? But these things one is doing for one's own soul and spirit (or whatever one believes)  and there is no need to include someone else, isn't it? or what's the point?   that's no one else's business.
I really can't think about anything interesting what hasn't already  been done by others to the greatest success.
I'm not sure if I make any sense. Kind of...Ah, well, I'm thinking too much about nothing.
Is it just maybe people don't like something or like something so much and more, because, well, they just like it? no reason?
We can try and rationalize it but still...
And, there is always SOMEONE who will like. NO ONE just isn't going to happen.
There is always someone.







Post a Comment